It is very confused if you see “iif” error when building/rebuilding/deploying SSRS report. The reason why it is confused is you can’t easily locate where the error is.
Following steps may help if you are in the situation.
- Open any design in your report
- In opened design, click “Ctrl+F” to open “Find and Replace” window
- In “Find what:” field, input “iif” and press “Find Next” button
- XML of opened design will be opened and first “iif” will be located by find function
- Copy all XML code to Notepad++
- Using Notepad++ find function to find all “iif” inside XML
- You can double click each result to check whether any coding has problem. For my case, i found one and by referring to its XML tag “FontWegiht” and “Textbox name”, i can found where the code exactly is.
- After move the comment line to at the bottom of code snippet and rebuild the report, the “iif” error gone.